Everyone wants to look good, and these tiny little pimples all around your forehead will prevent you from having your best looks. Pimples can be annoying, with lots of adverse effects on your appearance.
Table of Contents
Red Bumps on Forehead
Forehead pimples will usually look like a substantial red bump. And it is sometimes referred to as papules. Some other times, you can find a bump with a collection of pus at the top; this is also referred to as a pustule.
No matter the area where your acne appears, it is essential that you treat it appropriately. There are different over-the-counter products that you can use to clear your face, but you have to be careful so that you don’t end up scaring your face.
Pimples can lead to several emotional feelings. Sometimes, it affects your confidence level and would not want to be as outspoken as you should. Several factors can cause these forehead bumps.
The place where pimples appear does not affect the cause of the pimples. The processes which lead to the appearance of pimples on the face are usually the same. Oil, which is called sebum, usually helps to make the face oily, and prevent dryness. This also helps protect your skin. This oil enters your skin through a tiny hole that is referred to as pores.
These pores will sometimes get covered with dirt. Dead skins also can cover the pores of the skin. Bacteria begin to grow inside these closed pores, and this makes them become swollen. The swollen parts are what is referred to as pimples.
What can cause acne on your forehead?
Some factors increase the rate in which you produce skin oil, which is sebum, and these factors are; hormones, stress, and some medications.
You can start getting acne as soon as you approach puberty. This is because of the massive increase in your hormone levels. This then leads to an increase in the production of oil and then creates more pimples. And the forehead is one of the places for pimple breakouts.
- Hair and hair products
Hairs can also lead to the cause of forehead acne. If you don’t clean your hair properly, your hair will become oily; this will lead to the deposition of oil on your hair, and this can end up clogging up your skin pores.
You can also get pimple breakouts from the type of hair products that you use. There are lots of hair’s styling products that can affect the face and lead to the breakout of acne; these products include; pomades, gels, waxes, and hair oils.
They can cause pimples because they contain ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa butter. They will make your face oilier than it supposes. Pimples that are caused by any hair product is called pomade acne.
- Clothing or makeup irritation
Irritations from clothes and chemicals can also be the cause of your forehead pimple. This is possible if you have sensitive skin. You can get a pimple or two on your face as soon as you try out new makeup or if you put on a hat that irritates your skin.
If you notice you have sensitive skin, you should reduce the way you touch your skin. This is because your hand can deposit bacteria on your skin, and this can infect your skin pores too and lead to pimples.
How can you treat forehead pimples?
You will have to begin good skincare. Ensure you wash your face at least twice a day with a mild cleanser. This process will eliminate all the excess oil on your skin. If this does not work, then you can try out any over-the-counter cream that has benzoyl peroxide as one of its ingredients. This will go a long way to relieve you of your forehead pimples.
Products that contain salicylic acid too can be beneficial. Benzoyl peroxide is known to be anti-bacterial, while salicylic acid has some anti-inflammatory functions. It also has some comedolytic properties.
Zinc supplements and Retinol are other powerful options that can help reduce or eliminate forehead pimples.
- Natural remedies
There is some treatment you can use to get the best appearance; without forehead pimples. These are aloe vera, green tea extract, tea tree oil, and so on.
Just in case you seem to have a more severe case of pimples on your forehead, then you may have to visit a dermatologist. He will place you on antibiotics, retinoids, to help stop the pimple breakout. Checkout if Ocean water can also help with your acne.
- Aloe Vera
This contains some active ingredients that have some anti-inflammatory properties. It can also help reduce the pains that come with pimples on the face. You will need the Aloe Vera Gel. After getting it, you would dab the gel on the affected area, leave it for about half an hour then rinse it off. You should apply aloe vera at least twice daily.
- Tree tea Oil
This oil has some anti-inflammatory properties. And it can help improve cases of mild to moderate pimples breakout in the forehead. You will use 1-2 drops of the oil to a teaspoon of the sweet almond oil. You then use your cotton swabs to apply it on the affected part of your forehead. Leave it to stay overnight. You should do this daily every night before you sleep.
However, it is essential to note that the Tree Tea oil can irritate some skin, hence if you experience any slight bumps after using it, you should discontinue and try out other methods to eliminate pimples on your forehead.
The apple cider vinegar has potent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This property can help solve your pimples difficulties. You can mix a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar with three tablespoons of water. Apply the mixture to your face with a cotton ball. Let it sit overnight.
You can do this once a day. If your skin is quite sensitive, you can make it alternate days. However, you should note that it is necessary to dilute the apple cider vinegar before usage; if not, it can lead to skin burns and irritations.
- Other methods
You could also apply raw honey to stop forehead pimples. This is because it has some anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Apply the honey and let it stay for about 30 minutes. You can do this once daily.
Tomatoes, too, can help. You cut into two halves and rub on your face, especially on areas that have pimples. Leave it to sit for 30 minutes. Then rinse your face. Do this once daily.
Is it safe to pop a pimple on your forehead?
You should not pop a pimple on your forehead. And do not pop any pimple on any part of your body. As soon as your pop a pimple, you are introducing dirt and bacteria from your fingers to your skin. This can lead to a more elaborate infection.
Popping a pimple will make it longer to heal and can leave you with a permanent scar.
What other conditions can cause forehead pimple breakouts?
There are a few conditions that can lead to a pimple breakout and this include;
- Boils: are usually red and painful. They can grow out in places where your hair follicles are infected.
- Cellulitis: is an infection that forms around a scrape or a cut.
- Contact dermatitis: this occurs as a skin reaction to products that you reach out to touch or use on your skin. It can include detergents used for washing or new cloth.
- Folliculitis: This is an infection of the hair follicles
- Ringworm: This is also a skin infection, but fungi cause it
- Rosacea: This is a condition of the skin that makes the skin red and makes pimples appear on the face.
Tips to prevent pimples on the forehead
- You should use any of these tips to reduce or prevent the breakout of pimples on the forehead
- Ensure to wash your face regularly. At least twice a day; rinse your face with warm water and then pat to dry. Do not scrub the face, scrubbing is similar to popping, and this can make the pimple worse.
- Rinse your hair frequently. If your hair becomes greasy, use a shampoo that is labeled to treat oily hairs.
- As much as possible, avoid using pomades and other products on your hair. As soon as you use them, you should wipe them off your forehead with a damp clean cloth.
- Use a hair tie to gather and pull your hair away from your skin. Bangs can be a cause of pimple breakouts; this is especially if your hair is oily.
- Do not wear headbands or hats that reach your forehead.
- Place your hands away from your skin. This is because every time you touch your face, you introduce bacteria to your skin pores. If you want to touch your forehead, first wash your hands.
- Ensure to use makeup that is labeled non-comedogenic. This simply means that they will not clog your pores or cause pimples. Anything that contains alcohol and could irritate your face should not be used.